1/31/11

Good News/ Bad News

Why is it, lately, that every bit of good stuff has to come with equally proportionate bad stuff? (I know, that was really eloquent, let's just go with it.) For example, this weekend I went to Copenhagen to visit my friend Ted. (Good!) But now I'm sick. (Bad.) I found a free English language novel on the side of the road the other night, and it was getting pretty interesting! (Good!) But I left it on the airplane. (Bad.) I found a nearby store that sells Masa Harina so I can make tamales! (Good!) But its imported and costs 8 f*cking euros a bag. (Doh!)

And perhaps the most important piece of news straddling the good/ line is my new job. On the one hand, its a job! That's super good, because I'm beyond broke and I really want to go intern in Budapest this summer, so I need to find some income, and fast. Onnnnn the downside... its a job as a "putzfrau" for a pre-school. So I'm basically walking around with a mop, broom and vacuum cleaner and trying to clean surfaces faster than babies can expel bodily fluids onto them. It is, so far, a losing battle. So yeah, that's bad.

But at least, when I come home sore and smelling of baby powder (or worse) there's still the old, and almost free standby of Hutspot- mashed potatoes with add-ins (in this case sauerkraut and apples.) It's always so comforting, and makes me feel a little better about my terrible low-wage torture job (even if it does remind me of baby food, a little.)


So what if things aren't perfect? Good/ bad is way better than bad/ bad, and maybe I'm even on the way to good/good...

10 comments:

Mihl said...

Congrats on your job. I know it's not the best but there will be money. Budapest is so awesome, so all the cleaning is definitely worht it.

Fanny said...

Just try to focus on Budapest while cleaning up all the dirt! That mashed potatoes looks good, I should learn to have more add-ins in mine.

Bliss Doubt said...

This is such a funny post.

Budapest is a beautiful, friendly place. You definitely have something to look forward to.

For my new years resolution I said "I give up smoking" but I'm still smoking. I decided just to make the resolution and put it before the universe. I still hope to stop.

Amy said...

I predict that you are definitely on your way to good/good!! If you think about it, your life is very balanced right now - an equal dose of good and bad. Maybe? Yes! Oh, and your dinner looks yummy!!

Amanda @ Hungry Vegan Traveler said...

Just keep on truckin', my friend. It will lead to something better, eventually.

Ainsley Drew said...

Yay for a job, Budapest, and good food! The best is yet to come...

Anonymous said...

yum that looks super good. Mashed potatoes can make anything better. I had them with cauliflower for dinner last night. And congratulations on the job, even if it isn't the most exciting job it will be over before you know it and you'll get to do what you want.

thanida said...

Wow, this is something very great writing style, Thanks for sharing medium guide.
goldenslot

thanida said...

hi!,I really like your writing so much!Taking a look forward to see you.
gclub

RoseSlot2020 said...


เล่นเกม สล็อต live22เครดิตฟรี slot online ฟรีโบนัส
https://www.live22easy.com/