9/11/13

Resisting Fall

Its truly amazing how the weather in Berlin takes seasons so literally. There doesn't seem to be such a thing as Indian summer here. When summer is over, the sun disappears, people pull out their coats, and the leaves change colors with frightening rapidity. Its hard to remember that just a few weeks ago I was making excuses for not swimming nude in a lake. (Germans love that shit.) Nope, summer is brief and departs suddenly...

And yet, I'm not really ready to start eating (or for that matter, preparing) stews and casseroles again. I'm still in the mood for light and healthy(ish) dinners that make my husband complain. So I've ventured into some roasted vegetables and pumpkins, but haven't fully jumped into Fall yet. Above is a perfect example: a roasted vegetable salad with orange dressing. I simply roasted some beets, pumpkin and mushrooms, then whipped up a dressing of orange juice, agave nectar and white wine vinegar (+salt and pepper and olive oil) to drizzle all over. Perfectly delicious and still not wintry.


Then the other day I had this lovely meal- roasted beets with pumpkin seeds, sauteed spinach with garlic, sesame rice and sliced Asian pear.

Not exactly hearty fare, but then, I have plenty of months for that. #WinterIsComing, folks...


Song of the day: Fiona Apple- Dull Tool

2 comments:

Amey said...

yes, I am in a fall-resistance phase as well. I suppose soon enough, I will surrender, but for now I am still eating tomatoes and watermelon and pretending I didn't notice that there were no more figs at the market this week. Just look the other way!

Edgar Briones said...

Gracias por Esta Receta la verdad es que Estoy Empezando este Vieje Vegano

Yolist Xoxo Comida Saludable / Restaurante Vegano
Gabriel García Márquez 100, Rincón del Contry, 67140 Guadalupe, N.L.
+528125317971