11/8/07

An elegant, herbaceous Thanksgiving

This is the meal I would make if I was hosting a table full of refined individuals... say, Jonathan Safran Foer, Dave Eggers, Naomi Klein, and my political science professors from college.. and wanted to impress and entice. This seems like the kind of adult Thanksgiving food that would inspire great conversations, rather than increasing sleepiness.

Neo-classical Thanksgiving Dressing with Apricots and Prunes, stuffed in a whole Pumpkin

Spicy Glazed Sweet Potatoes (Sub earth balance for unsalted butter, obvs.)

Brussel sprouts with white wine and thyme


Carmelized Shallot and Sage Mashed Potatoes

Mushroom-Miso-Mustard Gravy

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
(I don't know if I can wait till thanksgiving to give this a try...)

Of course, some NSA organic red wine should be served alongside this feast. I'm currently searching for some good stuff myself, and I'll post my findings.

No comments: