10/21/11

Vegan Mofo: The perfect recipe

So I made the pineapple cashew quinoa stir-fry from Veganomicon again last night. This time I made it with tofu and ommitted a few steps. And guess what? It was freaking PERFECT. The quinoa is like caviar coating the pineapple pieces that pop in your mouth, the spicy basil and mint are bright and hot, the flavoring is perfectly savory, its just a complete and total winner.  S. was like, "why don't we make this more often?" And I was about to reprimand him that I make it about 10 times per year, when I realized that most of the time I make it with leftover quinoa and eat it all myself. Ooops.

Anyways, this success got me thinking about some of the other cookbook recipes that I make time and time again, always with great success. Tomorrow I'll post a list, and try to find links to recipes for each.

In the meantime, I received an award!  Thank you to Michelle from A bit addicted to cookbooks for nominating me for the Liebster award! (Hey its even in German!)

Now I have to nominate 5 people with less than 200 followers, and so shall do so! Congrats folks, you are my lieblings (though I'm not totally sure you all have less than 200 followers... whatev.)

1.) Crack the Plates
2.) Pixiepine Blog
3.) It ain't meat, babe
4.) Seitan is My Motor
5.) Veggie Terrain

Ich liebe euch!


4 comments:

x said...

That does look good and that a recipe from VCon that I haven't made but I'm gonna bookmark it ;)

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked it too! I haven't tried it but it looks really yum!

jessy said...

now i feel silly 'cause i haven't made the pineapple cashew quinoa stir-fry either. totally gonna try it with 'fu when i do though - and i'm looking forward to your list, T!

Tea and Sympatico said...

I love this about MoFO - showing me recipes that I'd totally overlooked in my books. Will definitely have to try this out.