Root Vegetable Curry in a snap
This recipe simply could not be easier and uses up the rest of the leftover sweet potato and onion from the smashed bowl below. Delicious and much faster than ordering curry from your local Thai joint. Don't forget to double the portions if you plan on having any leftovers.
1 small can Coconut Milk
1 heaping tsp. ginger
1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
Couple pinches each of salt, garam masala, and chile powder
1 plum tomato, diced
2 c. of leftover sweet potatoes, butternut squash, onions, parsnips, ect., cut to roughly the same sized chunks.
1-2 c. cooked brown rice
1. Toss the veggies in a bowl with some EVOO, salt and pepper. Spread them out on a cookie sheet and stick in the oven at 425.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, salt, garam masala, and chile until well blended. Add the diced tomatoes. Give it a taste to make sure the spices are up to snuff.
3. When veggies are browned (about 20 minutes, depending on your oven) take them out and mix them in the bowl with the curry sauce.
4. Spread them back out on that cookie sheet and cook about 5 more minutes.
5. Serve over brown rice.
6. Top with cashews and raisins. (optional.)