10/23/12

Vegan Mofo- Ginger Apple Cupcakes w/ Peanut Butter Icing

Guys, I know I should probably branch out a little from cupcakes. Aside from being calory-laden and packed with sugar, they are ubiquitous in the vegan world and beyond.

But the thing is, I'm so good at them! Its like the one dessert I have on lock! I make pies on very special summer days, I occasionally make cookies, and I've been known to make a real size cake when the mood strikes, but there's is nothing that I can whip up in 45 minutes flat like cupcakes. Cupcakes, once you get the hang of them, are ridiculously simple and can be altered to contain whatever is clogging your kitchen- plums, fig jam, cashews, wasabi.... (Well, I haven't tried that last one.)

Anyways, the obvious reason for my comfort and ease in the cupcake realm is because of the by now infamous tome 'Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World' by the Moskowitz/ Romero power house. I mean, it hardly bears mentioning since you ALL have this book. And like many of you, having familiarized myself with some of the basic cupcakes recipes, I can now invent cupcakes at whim with simple substitutions and combos.

So yesterday I felt the need for some fall-apple goodness, and decided to alter the Gingerbread cupcakes I love so dearly, subbing out diced crystallized ginger with diced apple. On top of this spicy, apple-filled cake I piped the luscious, crack-like peanut butter icing that is now taunting me from my kitchen.

They are very delicious. And now I have 12 11 of them. Maybe it is really time to step away from the cupcakes. Luckily, my good friend SMP has gifted me with an awesome ice cream maker AND a vegan ice cream cookbook, so now I have the perfect excuse to branch out into new arenas...

Song of the Day: Ronald Jenkees- Stay Crunchy

6 comments:

melissa said...

Love these cupcakes. Definitely one of the best books ever. Made me sad thinking about you in the Columbia Heights Condo and Silver Spring making these:)

jd said...

As far as I'm concerned, you need never branch out from cupcakes...

Those sound incredible!

Amey said...

I haven't ever made those gingerbread cupcakes! What is wrong with me??? I love gingerbread! Also, I love the idea of diced apple instead of the candied ginger. This is now officially on my list. :)

KitteeBee said...

My favorite thing is taking a prized recipe you know is adaptable and crazyifying it to the max. Nice work! I'd personally stick some marshmallow in there and call it a day.

xo
kittee

RoseSlot2020 said...


เล่นเกม สล็อต เครดิตฟรี สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์123 slot online ฟรีโบนัส
https://www.slotxd.com/jokergaming123

wee said...

yük asansörü
istif makinesi
akülü istif makinesi
full akülü istif makinesi
monoray caraskal