10/30/12

Vegan Mofo: Green Goddess Dressing

So I've been on a garlic kick recently (like for the last 18 years or so). However, I am almost never on a salad kick. I don't know why, but salads just don't excite me the way that a good stew or casserole does. However! This is really dumb because I happen to live in a place where truly fancy salad greens like mache, arugula, butter lettuce, endives, ect are all totally commonplace and cheap.

Its kind of like how you can buy a stick of Brussels sprouts at Whole Foods for like $4.99, and a huge bag of them are like $.99 here in Berlin. (Chalk it up to being closer to Brussels, I guess.)

My point is, I should be exploiting this price difference to my advantage and eating my weight in fancy field greens! Yet, I often think of a salad as a pale side to a rich dinner.

Not today though! I've been working my way through Appetite for Reduction (insert obligatory gushing about Isa Chandra Moskowitz here) and she has a whole range of interesting salad dressings to try from. And her garlicky Green Goddess Dressing is truly a thing of beauty. With peppery parsley, creamy tahini and tons of garlic, its enough to even drive my salad-hating hubby to steal from my bowl.

This one is going in the permanent rotation.

Song of the Day: Taylor Swift- We are Never Getting Back Together


7 comments:

janet @ the taste space said...

I am completely jealous of your cheap Brussels sprouts! I bought my first batch this week because it had been so long since I've had them!

I have to try that dressing. I make a new dressing each week to keep my salads interesting all week long.

Adriana Robles said...

That salad looks very delicious. I love garlic myself. :)

I'm not big on eating salads often but I'm more than willing to try this!


VegCourtesy.blogspot.com

urban vegan said...

I've made this dressing and agree-it's really fab. Like you, I am on a lifelong garlic kick.

Funny what you said about Brussels spouts. I saw a measly, half-brown bag (maybe 15 sprouts, total) "on sale" at Whole Foods for $2.50. I just laughed and walked on. Really, WF? WtF?

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like a link to a list of vegan rock stars:

http://home.simplyweb.net/thrill/vegrock.html

I'll tell you something funny, I've never tasted Brussels sprouts.

Here's my tip on buying kale from a Farmer's Market: Inspect the leaves before purchasing. A couple months ago during heatwave I bought some DIRTY kale. Oh, the outside leaves looked fine, but inside I'm talking worms (and tiny green ones that blended right in) and snails and feces. What a rip off. I'll never buy it again.

My fave Isa recipe is "Coffee Chip Muffins" because they are so EASY and GOOD.

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for the information.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

No, dear, you aint a goddess:
1-outta-1 bites-the-dust, baby.
Follow us on the journey Upstairs.

Coming to my BIG-ol,
John Belushi, party-hardy
in Seventh-Heaven ..??
Why?
The world passes away,
we cannot stay,
even if we pay trillions
which nobody has anyway.
So, gain altitude, dude,
never attitude.
God bless your indelible soul.

RoseSlot2020 said...


เล่นเกม สล็อต เครดิตฟรี สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์123 slot online ฟรีโบนัส
https://www.slot4u.com/joker123